8.08.2008

Bear Painting Process Update


Here is another bear painting update. (The last update was posted on July 11) I made the trees a bit more abstract. Even though the trees are a bit busy, there will be black outlining in the bear when it is done which will really make it pop out. I love it when you find a painting you love to look at as a whole, but can also find small areas of color or brush stroke, etc. that you like to spend time looking at. I have had a lot of fun really developing the smaller areas, but when I am painting something this large, I have to be careful not to get lost in the small areas and forget to pull myself back and remember the painting as a whole! Unfortunately my photo doesn't show all the beautiful color as well as I would like it to. So much to learn!
Click on image for larger view.

4 comments:

Heather said...

So neat! I really enjoy seeing and better understanding your process. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Now that I have seen this painting in person ... WOW doesn't even begin to say enough!

Ross Family said...

Hey Annie, this is Heather's friend Rhonda. I clicked on your blog from Heather's and was blown away by the bear painting! Then to scroll down and see how it came to life is really something! You have such a gift!

Sharron Shipley said...

I love this bear. He is beautiful and majestic, but he is happy and playful. You can see it in his eyes. His name is Maniitok, because he is rugged and strong. Always the first to be at the headwaters of the Kanai River before the other Alaskan brown bears that live near by; you can usual see Manitok with a Chinook Salmon in his mouth or running through the water, dipping and diving until his fur is soaked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...