9.24.2008

Quick Sketches


Soccer season is here which provides many photo opportunities!



One of my favorite classes in college was Life Drawing. And one of my favorite exercises in that class was the timed sketches. We would do 30 seconds to a few minutes to one hour. The quick sketches were the best because you were forced to make a decision and put it down in a hurry because at the end of the time the model would move! Some of my most beautiful drawings were done in seconds or minutes. Just like anything else it takes practice and I am out of practice! I think I need to buy an egg timer that ticks to give me a bigger sense of urgency! I'm hoping to do at least one quick sketch a day and hopefully reclaim some of the fluidity and line quality I once had......
These are charcoal and pencil drawings on newsprint.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...