11.19.2008

Upside Down


8"x 10"
acrylic on masonite

Here is my entry in this week's Different Strokes challenge. The twist (or flip) to this challenge was that we were to paint 90% of it upside down.... not me, the painting and image! I frequently turn my paintings or drawings upside down or use a mirror to see them from a different angle. However, I have never painted something from start to almost finish upside down and it was a great exercise.
As Karin Jurick put it when she explained the challenge, " By flipping the image, you're more likely to render what you see, and not what you know. You are guided by shapes, blocks of color - logic goes out the window."

1 comment:

Vern Schwarz said...

Annie, I have been a fan of yours since this challenge started and have tagged you. Hope you don't mind. This is the getting to know people part of blogging I guess. Cheers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...