12.30.2009

After The Tree Farm

8"x 10"
acrylic on masonite

Out in the Hillsboro, Oregon countryside, a favorite seasonal tradition for many is to go to the tree farm, find the perfect tree, and stop at McMenamin's Rock Creek Tavern for one of their fresh brewed ales, a hearty meal, and a roaring fire in a down-home, log cabin atmosphere. The history of the Rock Creek Tavern dates back to the mid 1920's when it started as a small country store. "Bombed in the 1930's, closed up at the end of the '60's, run over by a car in the late 1990's, and twice destroyed by fire over its 80+ years, and yet, here Rock Creek Tavern stands...". Thank goodness! Cheers!



7 comments:

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Wow! I was surprised to see it is an 8x10 painting. It reads as much larger. Sweet!

Paulo J. Mendes said...

This is a beautiful work and story. Love the colors. The smoke coming out suggests the warm atmosphere inside.
Wish you a great 2010 full of inspiration!

Unknown said...

Wow wow wow... you created such depth and detail with all those strokes of color on the brush and trees. The nice smooth road is the perfect contrast.

dominique eichi said...

lovely piece with a wonderful story in it

Mary Beth Brath said...

Hi Annie -
I think I first came across your work in the Informed Collector Newsletter in August? Then I linked to your blog through Claire Carnell's blog. I love your work and just signed on as a follower.
Happy New Year - Mary Beth

Leslie Saeta said...

Annie,
I just found your blog and I have to laugh because I now realize that I have been admiring your work for a long time. I have seen all of your entires on Karin's blog and I love your style and ability to capture the light just perfectly!
Do you have a website? I couldn't find one but please send me the link if one exists. I am a palette knife painter and will continue to follow your blog!

Marian Fortunati said...

Great job! Annie..
I'll bet someone with fond memories of the place snaps it up!

Happy new year!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...