5.02.2013

Traveling Through

"Traveling Through"
8"x 10"
framed, acrylic
Click here to purchase
I did "Traveling Through", for one of Karin Jurick's challenges. It was from a photo she had. I did it on a red background, which was challenging, but I just love the red popping through! 


I hope you don't mind, but occasionally I going to tell you what I'm listening to.....

While cleaning out my studio, (which I still doing!) I was listening to Garrison Keillor , and he had  a guest speaker, poet, Billy Collins. I have never been "into" poetry, probably because when I learned about it in school, they gave us something ancient that needed a teacher to explain it! But Billy has changed my mind..... :) (Trust me....just listen...)


3 comments:

Daggi Wallace said...

I saw this because of your link on Leslie Saeta site. Love this painting, the red popping through, the brilliant composition, the pattern of shapes and lights and darks. A small gem!

Cathy Engberg said...

You are right! That was a great poem! Thank you

Oh I remember that challenge! This had to be one of the best entries. Wonderful painting. And I love the red poking through too!

Celeste Bergin said...

Beautiful painting and yes....I heard Billy Collins once and never forgot it! He is brilliant. Thanks for the link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...