4.05.2014

Paris - 17 years ago....



Paris
8"x 10"
acrylic on gessoboard
SOLD

My client is going this weekend to her sister's house to wish her happy birthday and I got the privilege of doing a painting of her seventeen years ago....


       "Geez 17 yrs ago I barely remember 17 mins ago haha!! It was actually my sister, my mom, my aunt and myself in Paris for her 35 bday. When I took that pic it was just the 2 of us walking around the city taking pics and I just had her sit down at a outdoor cafe with a vogue magazine   I think we were in Paris for a few weeks on that trip. We stayed at this great lil hotel that was so charming and had wonderful art and every morning the butler brought us this beautiful silver platter with coffees, the best hot chocolate EVER and lil French croissants and baguettes with homemade jellies. It was fabulous! 
We spent the days walking around the city taking pics, going to these great flea markets and antique stores, boutiques and art museums. The had wonderful flower markets where I bought her 35 of the biggest most fragrant pink roses on her bday. My aunt could not eat enough French cheese, onion soup or French chocolates! We went in the Spring and even though it was chilly it never rained the whole time we where there. It was a wonderful trip!!"

It sounds wonderful!!!!!


Listening to while I paint:

Podcasts: The Alton Browncast hosted by Alton Brown 
          The Nerdist, by Chris Hardwick
                    The Splendid Table by Lynne Rosetto Kasper

Audio Books: Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy , by John Le Carre' , narrated by Michael Jayston
                                                                              (recommended by my mom :) )                                                                                                    
Music: New find! Daryl's House on YouTube.






1 comment:

Lisa Graham said...

REALLY love this painting and the story to go with. Aaahhh. Paris. I hope to see it some day. Your time spent there sounds like exactly what my sister and I would do should we go there.

Loved the song you shared.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...