5.23.2014

Soldier/Dogs


11"x 14"
Acrylic on canvas
SOLD
I finished a commission for a client who has a lot of veterans come work for him. He offers them jobs because they have a hard time finding them elsewhere. My client shared some amazing stories with me, and I was surprised and touched to learn about the importance of the relationship between dog and soldier:
   "One of the key themes my guys tell me coming home is that dogs helped get them through the war. These guys credit the dogs with saving their lives. I never would have guessed that to be the case, but it was. I never realized it until someone came into my office and commented that there were dogs with all of my boys in the pictures I had on my desk." 



Listening to while I paint:
Audio-books: "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell. Read by the author.
Podcasts:
              "Wait, Wait.... Don't Tell Me!" hosted by Peter Sagal
               Here's The Thing, hosted by Alec Baldwin
               Social Media Examiner, by Michael Stelzner
               The Splendid Table by Lynne Rosetto Kasper
               Artist Helping Artist by Leslie Saeta
Music: my iPod
                 

3 comments:

Dave Casey said...

This is one beautiful painting.

Anonymous said...

Very nice work!

Jo Reimer said...

Great picture, wonderful story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...