6.12.2012

Is the "Big Yellow Bag", Lauren?



I completed the paintings for decarli's restaurant and took them in last Wednesday. 
No, I didn't take pictures...but I will and post them in the future! 

Here's an interesting story!

I painted the "Big Yellow Bag"  about three years ago for Paradise Perks, an espresso shop, in Irvine, California.


                                       
 "Big Yellow Bag"

About a month ago a woman named Carol went into Paradise Perks, saw my painting and immediately thought of her granddaughter, Lauren. She emailed me with a picture of Lauren and asked if the painting was of her. 


 
Lauren used to work at Paradise Perks. 

See the resemblance?

I, however, painted "Big Yellow Bag" based off of a picture I took in Portland, Oregon.


It couldn't be Lauren, she was down in Irvine, California! 

But wait! She transferred to  Portland State University. 

Sooooo, is it her??

9 comments:

Susan said...

Great story. Beautiful painting and mood.

Susan said...

Great story. Beautiful painting and mood.

Jerry Stocks said...

So is it her? This is such a beautiful painting. Can't wait to see the ones you delivered.

CHRIS MURRAY said...

sure looks like her to me. Great painting-love the folds in the coat, the light on the coffee, the blues and yellows-and her tense body in concentration. You are an amazing artist.

Linda Nickles said...

Great story, and beautiful painting. I love the lighting. It is so good to see you painting again, Annie.

Dave Casey said...

I think it looks just like her. I think Carol should buy the painting. ;)

Susan Roux said...

Don't you just love mysteries??? Tell the interested party, of course it's her! And offer to paint another, even larger for a good price!

Looking forward to seeing your triptych!

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing your project and getting the 3 paintings done! Would love to see them. As for the young woman - yes I think it must be her?

mary maxam said...

It's such a beautiful painting and looks so much like her- I vote that it is! I'm looking forward to seeing the paintings you delivered as well and love the post on David Kassan's drawing tools as well....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...