3.10.2013

Lincoln


Lincoln sketch, 1984


I'm listening to "Teams Of Rivals", by Doris Kearns Goodwin, which led to the most recent movie, "Lincoln", in which Daniel Day-Lewis got an Oscar for Best Actor.

I have always had a great respect for Lincoln.

Back in my college days, I walked into Life Drawing, and there he was, in all his glory, Abraham Lincoln!  

I got goose-bumps, my heart quickened, and tears filled my eyes.

He was an actor, doing a one man show. 

He sat and we drew. He told us the stories about Lincoln.

No matter where he traveled, Europe, Asia, Africa, even if he was in his jeans and a sweat shirt, people recognized him. 

How cool is that!!!! That was the best Life Drawing class ever!

I only wished I had gotten one with him smiling...he had a great sense of humor....

:)

2 comments:

Peintre said...

Hello.
I'm sorry.
I am not good at English.
I am a Japanese painter.
I paint a realism painting.
I watched your work for the first time.
Good painting.
Thank you.

Celeste Bergin said...

Wonderful costume..he's very lincoln-esque!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...