4.22.2015

Curiosity


Curiosity 
18"x 24"x 1.5"
oil on panel
$625
Click here to purchase

I can't wait to take pictures at the summer farmers' market. 
(The Beaverton Farmers Market starts Saturday, May 2.) 
I take pictures of people sitting on benches relaxing or eating, standing in line waiting for the food vendors, playing with their children, etc..  
I don't have a plan in mind (maybe I should?), so I take lots of random photos and then I look at them on Photoshop to see what I have captured. 
I took this photo a few years ago. I love the little girl's posture and the way she is looking curiously at.....? 
I wanted the attention on *her* in the painting. Coming from a illustration and a bio-medical illustration background it was hard for me to vary the edges and distort the background. That pink shirt in the middle? It was just too much!  I had to add a little blue and a pink drip down her leg..... 
Here's is a close-up.

I found a new tool I used, the gray Catalyst Wedge . It has a flexibility that I like and I can drag my paint across with a big sweeping motion! :) (not really)

This is another one at the farmers' market: people standing in lines, talking to each other, but not this boy. He is just so curious about his shadow...
Shadow
8"x 10"
acrylic on gessoboard 
$195
Click here to purchase


Listening to while I paint:
Podcasts: 
Beyond the To-Do List, hosted by Erik Fischer
The Nerdist, hosted by Chris Hardwick
Artists Helping Artists, hosted by Leslie Saeta
The Chalene Show, hosted by Chalene Johnson
Social Media Examiner, hosted by Michael Stelzner
"Wait, Wait.... Don't Tell Me!", hosted by Peter Sagal
Splendid Table, hosted by Lynne Rossetto Kasper
American's Test Kitchen, hosted by Christopher Kimball
Truth For Life, hosted by Alistair Begg

Music: 
My iPod


Really helpful!:
I am continually checking a dictionary, thesaurus, spell check, but one thing that has been particularly helpful is the grammar check. Please excuse any errors that I make and tell me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...